Thursday, April 12, 2012

Introducing...My 1957 Deville Travel Trailer

About a month ago, hubs and I took a road trip to possibly purchase a 1973 Serro Scotty. When we pulled up to check her out... :( needless to say the pics online looked NOTHING like the Scotty in person. We were a little disappointed until the kind lil church lady said, "If you don't like the Scotty, I have a ton of canned hams sitting on my property we can go look at." I said to hubs, "I sure hope we didn't take a 3 hour trip for nothing."
As we approached the travel trailer lady's house, my jaw dropped. It was vintage travel trailer HEAVEN! I practically jumped out of our moving truck to run and explore what was available. There must have been 20 trailers on her property. After looking at 10 or so, I walked out of a 63' Shasta that was in terrible shape and turned the corner to the Deville. I yelled, "Honey, get your butt over here, I've found my baby!"... This thing was fully packed with vintage charm! All original wood and cabinetry! For being 55 years old, she was perfect! Needless to say, my first reaction was...WHERE DO WE SIGN!
Now, she is all ours! We named her after my step daughter's nickname..."Lil T".

Here are some pics of our new baby! These pics were taken the night we got her home. We have done quite a bit of work to her in the last month. 2 walls have been torn down and replaced. I am oilclothing the dinette table and cleaning up the original copper fixtures, all of the chrome, the stainless steel window frames, and all cabinet fixtures with Brasso, currently. I will update you with monthly progress pics!




























































































































































































































































2 comments:

vintage grey said...

Hi!! This looks like it is a fun project!!Can't wait to see it finished!! Have a lovely day! xo Heather

Old Fashioned Gal said...

It definitely has been a fun project! It's actually very rewarding. Thank you so much! Have a great weekend!
-Denise