Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekend to-be filled with thrifting, cooking and Pyrex!

I'm getting more and more excited about yard sale season! Some of my favorite finds have been found while passing a home with loads of goodies in their front yard. This weekend I know of several that I plan on going to. One of which advertised on Craiglist to have vintage Pyrex!!! I'm hoping I won't be too late in snagging a good find! Wish me luck!


I plan on using my newest addition to the Primary Bowl set to make some delicious cookies that I've been dying to make!


I can only imagine all of the sweet treats and savory dishes that were served in my favorite ovenware...it makes me smile just knowing my vintage finds have had a fun past :)

I hope everyone's weekend is full with yummy treats, fun finds and fantastic Pyrex!




6 comments:

vintage grey said...

Oh, love the pyrex advertisement!! Hope you come across some great treasures!! xo Heather

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

LOVE these ads! LOL Wouldn't you just about die for a set of those bowls for $2.49?? Haaa
I just started my Pyrex collection last week, and I've found 3 cute pieces! None of them go together, but oh well. On Wed I found a black and white snowflake cassarole for $2.99 at the Goodwill that just needs some cleaning! So that's how I'll be spending my Friday night...making my Pyrex pretty!
Thanks for the cute post! :)
Erica

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Yes, hoping to find some pyrex! I think I have everyone at work with obssessed with finding some! Thank you for following me, and I am your newest follower!

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Don't ya just love coming across old Pyrex advertisements like these?! Love love love them!
-Denise

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Or Lordy! If I ever saw any full Pyrex set for 2.49, I may have a heart attack before I could get it to the cash register lol!
I'm so happy you are a new Pyrex collector! It honestly is one of my favorite things to collect...and I've had way too many obsessive collections :)
I would LOVE to see the pieces you've snagged! WOW, 2.99 for black and white snowflake?! Did it have a lid?! Nice find. I have yet to see one at any of my local thift/antique stores. Hopefully you got it all pretty without too much elbow grease! :)
-Denise

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Did you have any luck this weekend? I haven't had a chance to sneak a peek at all of my favorite blogs yet.
I wish anyone at work could understand my Pyrex obsession...they don't understand it lol.
Hey, at least my husband gets it! That's all that matters!
Thanks for following! I hope to see ya back here soon!
-Denise