Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sappy Time-Out



My husband and myself have had a very hard last few months. From the miscarriage to his back surgery and now my exsisting back issues coming to surface. We are definitely too young to be dealing with these kinds of problems. However, still being newleyweds...some had their doubts we'd make it through all of this without one of us jumping ship. These trials have done the exact opposite; it has brought us closer together.
Have you ever laid in bed late at night with your significant other and had a serious heart to heart? Well, we do all of the time. Last night we talked for a very long time. While he held me in his arms he told me how much he admired my heart and spirit. I tried my hardest to hold back the mushy tears, but nonetheless, they flowed. I told him there wasn't nothing I wouldn't do for him.
They say the first years are the hardest. Well, I say, "damn them"...they don't know us! :)



9 comments:

vintage grey said...

Beautiful post! So pretty you are on your special day! Have a lovely evening! xo Heather

Blessed Serendipity said...

Such a heartfelt post! I believe that love will withstand the hard times and rejoice in the good times. You and your love are truly blessed to have each other.

xo,
Danielle

retrorevival.biz said...

Loving your blog! Now officically stalking, er, I mean following you:)

~Cindy

craftyles said...

What a sweet post. It made me feel good to read that. Hope the aches and pains go away soon!

Emma said...

Sweet, sweet post:) This year will be 35 years for my husband and me. When we got married I can count on one hand how many people thought we'd make it. You're smart not to listen to the nay sayers.

Emma

Marcela Costa :} said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Roxie700 said...

Dear heart, don't let "them" get you down. You can do this marriage thing. It is not an easy street but it sounds like you are on the right road. I have been married to my best friends for 30 years. We still hold hands in the car. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I adore him.
As long as you talk to him, share the good and the bad with him you will be going a long way to add strength to your marriage.
I was married before. I spent 10 years married to the wrong man. I stayed in and tried to hold 'things' together because we had children. Sadly, it was not the right thing to do. Praise to the Lord that I met my husband. I adore the man.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

So sorry about your miscarriage. :( I've had 5. :(

D said...

You two are so lucky to have each other. He sounds sweet and understanding. Hold onto him, the years go by so quickly.
D