Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Embroidery Hoop Project

I have seen these adorable embroidery hoop decorations all over Pinterest and blog land for several months. I thought to myself...this seems so easy...I think I can make these!
(unknown source)

I saw a couple of tutorials and thought they could be done in an easier way.
My way might not be as perfect as others, but it serves the same purpose and has the same end result.

Supplies you'll need:
Embroidery hoops, fabric, hot glue gun, scissors, pen or fabric pen (not pictured), iron and embellishments.
Start off with a rough measurement (about 3/4 of an inch) around your embroidery hoop. *This does not need to be perfect, no one will ever see these marks!*
Once you've cut your circle out, you end up with this...
A very uneven circle...again, it does not have to be a perfect circle.
Next, iron your fabric circle.
Then, place your cut, ironed fabric between your embroidery hoops and tighten clasp.
Flip your hoop over and gently tug at the fabric. You want your fabric to be tightly secured in the hoop.
Next, grab your trusty hot glue gun and run a thin line of glue around the back side of your hoop.
When you are gluing the edges down, do a slight tuck, that way there are no see-through edges.
Once you are finished gluing the edges down, hot glue your embellishments to your finished product.
Next, go grab your hubby or significant other from working on their bass boat to hang up your beautiful new wall art!

Hope everyone is having a crafty Tuesday!



7 comments:

Kadee said...

These turned out super cute! I really love that blue paisley fabric!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Great tutorial and pictures. I love that there are so many possibilities with all the different types of fabric you could use! So cute!

at-the-attic said...

lovely!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Cute! I've been collecting hoops for a project like this! I wonder if we can skip the hot glue though? That way we can change out the fabrics with out ruining the first fabric?

Oh, and I'm sure the hubs would enjoy their boat break to help us! :)

craftyles said...

Great project-I love these. How fun to frame up some great fabrics!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Fun way to reuse old hoops!! Thank you so much for linking up to our party!! :)
Karah

Eclectically Vintage said...

What a fun "gallery wall" of color! So glad you joined our Color party.
Kelly