Friday, July 27, 2012

Vintage Finds - Hello, Red!

I hope everyone is having a very exciting, thrifty day!
Here are some of my recent thrifted, vintage finds! 


5 - 8 oz. Red Melmac cups. $6 for all.
I have become quite obsessed with Melmac and it's charm...this could be bad!


Thermo Serv Red Gingham pitcher. $4.99. I am loving using this very vintage yet functional piece in my summer dish collection!


This is my first thrifted Thermos. $2. Yet another new obsession that my husband will be griping over!


Brace yourself for the vintage goodness you are about to behold!!!


8 - 1960's vintage Anchor drinking glasses. $12.
Ahhhh! Aren't these absolutely gorgeous? I splurged a little on these beauties. They were screaming, "take me home, drink out of me, love me!!" I couldn't help myself.


The name says it all!



1960's patio lights. $5. I love the characters on the box. Don't they look like they don't have a care in the world? I believe I'm actually going to hang these up around my mantle. I think bringing the fiesta indoors is more fun! And for this reason...



Hubby and I just hung these adorable patio light owls up on the back deck last night. $7.
I can't wait to get some pics of the outcome this weekend.

Happy Weekend y'all!



17 comments:

Jill said...

If I had been with you, it might not have been good, I would be wanting everything you bought! Hah!!!

Great finds!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow! I love everything you showed! Those glasses are amazing!

Protector of Vintage said...

Such charming finds!! Those glasses are fantastic!!

halloweencouple said...

Love all the finds, those owl lights are so worth it!!

The glasses as well, I'd set them on a open shelf and just admire their colors :)

halloweencouple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Super fun summery finds! I love your party lites and glasses! You did well!
Erica

Sharon said...

Wonderful finds! You find the best stuff!

Vonlipi said...

The lanterns are so fun!

They are definitely on my thrifty wishlist!

vintage grey said...

Love all your treasures!! Those glasses are so neat!! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

What super duper finds! The pitcher is my favorite. No, wait... I can't make up my mind! :)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hi, Denise! I was going to send you an email after your blog comment the other day but see that your profile doesn't link back to one.

You had asked me about a tutorial for my button ball garland: I haven't come up with the perfect way to make one yet! I CAN tell you that I use the smallest styrofoam balls that you can get at the craft store and that I wrap and glue tiny strips of fabric around them. there's a trick to wrapping them in order to keep them round. I use tacky glue. Other glues might work but tacky glue is just a good multi purpose choice for me. Some fabric works better than others and i'm always learning and looking for a faster way to make them. for instance, my yellow gingham is really hard to work with and doesn't glue well but I love yellow gingham so I keep using it! It probably takes me about 10 minutes to make the average ball. Once all the balls are done and dry I just string the balls on yarn with a button in between each. I love making them! It's sort of like designing a quilt. I don't know if you saw it but I have a photo gallery of almost all the different ones I've made.

Hope that helps! ♥

Lori Stokes Wright said...

I'm your newest follower! I love all of the vintage here!!! I found you at Thrifty Things Friday. [my thrifty thing is a hand made card if you want to check it out]

craftyles said...

I'm in awe of those finds. The red cups, that cute cute gingham pitcher and the set of glasses. WOW!

Anne said...

What great finds. I just love the lanterns. The red cups are cute too. I'm your newest follower. I just love your blog. =)

Diann said...

What awesome retro thrift finds! Love them all! Thank you for sharing this with us last week at TTF. I hope you are having a terrific week!

Kadee said...

I love those lanterns! Lots of good finds. :)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Oh I just LOVE your vintage finds and the owls are simply divine!!! thank you so much for sharing these over at Junkin Joe! Hope to see you this week! : ) Sending hugs!