Monday, July 2, 2012

What A Relaxing Weekend!

Hubby and I decided to treat ourselves to a mini vacation this past weekend! It just so happens my brother owns a houseboat in the eastern part of Kentucky. We decided early last week to fight the hellacious heat and get the heck outta town!
We arrived around 2:30 in the afternoon, Saturday. There we met my brother and his love. This was the first meeting I had with his lady friend. She was absolutely lovely! She treated us to a yummy dinner of peanut sauce chicken shish kabobs (SO amazingly good) and my favorite....banana pudding!
My brother has been like my father growing up. Since my father was a military father, he was gone a lot. My brother is 11 years older than me. So, needless to say, he was much help to my mother after I came along. Not only did he change my diapers...he taught me how to ride a bike, told me to stay away from boys and wiped the tears away from falls and scrapes.
I am so happy for my brother. Life this past year had not been treating him so kindly, until she came into it.
We had such a great time this past weekend, we've decided to go back this coming weekend and get the kids together! My step daughter is going to have a blast! She has never been in the lake before. She's a fish, so she should love it! I can't wait!

This is just a small taste of the amazing views I had the pleasure of seeing Saturday!




Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

vintage grey said...

What a beautiful place! So glad you had a wonderful vacation! I am in need of one, too! Happy Monday to you!! xo Heather

Chenille Cottage said...

Your blog is a delight! I, too, love stepping back in time with vintage retro style! It reminds me so much of my mom!
I hope you have a wonderful fourth!
Blessings and thanks for becoming one of my new friends!
Carolynn xo

Jann Olson said...

So glad you found a fun way to beat the heat. The food, the scenery, and the company all sound fabulous. So happy that things are turning around for your brother. Sounds like he's been a wonderful big brother.
Hugs,
Jann

Christine said...

Hi, I'm with you on getting out of the heat...It's hotter than all get out here in Michigan too...I can only imagine the further south like Kentucky...wow...! I cut my camping a little short cause I can't see sitting outside in 100 degree weather...glad yours was relaxing. I wish I had a big brother, especially, one like you have...he is all a big brother should be. He sounds like my uncle Bob...the stories my Aunts tell...what a good people they are!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, I'm thinking of Glamping again this coming week, when the heat let's up.
For now, I'm catching up on all the great blogs out here in blogland"D
Smiles,
Christine