Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Large Haul of Vintage

I visited one of my favorite thrift stores the other day. I found some real goodies!
Thrifting isn't looking quite so bleak after all :)
I found this little vintage turquoise suitcase in a fun booth. The owner of the booth was there re-arraigning some of her goodies. Her and I got caught up in conversation and she cut me a deal on this cutie. It was marked, 4.99, she cut the price down to 2.99. As you can tell it needs a little cleaning but...it came with 2 pouches and a key for the outer lock.
I about flipped out when I saw these beauties sitting on a bottom shelf. Turquoise Homer Laughlin S&P shakers, 1.99!! What a fun add to my collection!
Pink copper creamer, .50.
Vintage baby planter, .75. This will be a fun add to a baby room. (when the time comes)
Isn't this baby picture sweet?! The frame needs a good cleaning and paint job but I just had to get it. Yet another add to a baby's room when the times comes :) 1.99.
I don't particularly care for the frame on this picture. It needs a paint job as well. 1.29.
Vintage hand sewn pillowcase, .75.
I can't wait to put this fabric calender out from the holidays! It's from the year I was born so I had to snatch it up! .99.
One of my favorite finds of the whole haul. Vintage His & Hers pillowcases! So sweet! Hubby liked this find. He said, "now you won't be stealing my pillow!" Lol! These will be perfect for our new Tempurpedic pillows. .99 a piece.
Vintage mirrored vanity tray. Yet another find that needs a good cleaning. I plan on painting it pink. It will sit nicely on my antique vanity table. 1.99.
A trip to the thrift store wouldn't be complete without a Pyrex find. I about jumped over a old lady to grab this gorgeous piece up! 1 1/2 quart 473 Silhouette (daisy). 2.50.
After doing a little research about this piece I think it is more rare than I thought.
I read on Pyrex Love that this piece was an unknown pattern and than later named.
If you have any info on this piece, please share!

Have a wonderful, thrifty day!


19 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great buy on the Pyrex! I have never seen that pattern before either. Love the kitchen calendar towel..I use to buy my Grandmother one every year.

Sherri B. said...

Oh my, where do I begin to rave about your treasures..I would be thrilled to find any one of them.

Right when I saw your Pyrex dish, I commented to my self that I had never seen that pattern before. How fun to find such a rare piece. Will you let us know if you find more out about it?

Enjoy your goodies! xo

Primitive Stars said...

Hi,such neat Thrifty finds, wow. Love the blue salt and pepper, wonderful buy. Thats the way to shop, great buys at a great price

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Okay that's it! I'm going thrifting today! :)

I love finding suitcases! ♥

LV said...

You really found the right thrift store. All your purchases are well worth the price. Homer Laughlin is getting very popular again. Enjoyed visiting.

Madee said...

Eeek that daisy Pyrex is glorious! What a fun find! :)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wonderful thrifty finds! Wow, any Pyrex for that price is amazing! The thrifts here mark Pyrex way too high. The S & P's are an amazing find too. Visiting from Share Your Cup, so the link works even though your photo didn't show.

chateau chic said...

You found some amazing finds for almost nothing! I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by when you get a chance.
Mary Alice

craftyles said...

Oh, I love those pillow cases. The pyrex is really great too. Did I tell you my 20 year old son is hooked on Pyrex? I guess it runs in the family.Great finds!

vintage grey said...

You found some great treasures! Love the aqua suitcase, and pillowcases!! And, Pyrex, always such a great find! xo Heather

Chenille Cottage said...

How I love your embroidered pillowcases! My grandmother made me a set with that same design many years ago. I loved them.
what incredible treasures you found...and, oh, those turquoise salt and peppers!
Smiles, my friend,
Carolynn

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You made a good haul!

Red Pony

Town and Country Gals said...

Wow! What a haul and what amazing prices! Our thrift stores here a not near as good as yours!! Love EVERTHING! Thanks for visiting and following, I'm your newest follower and will be back!
Rebecca

Jann Olson said...

Great finds! The baby items are so sweet. Love, love the his and her pillowcases and S&P shakers. I have never seen that Pyrex design. Cool if it is rare. Sweet even if not. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

You DID come away with some amazing vintage items! LOVE the colors in that era! So vibrant and cheerful! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Jill said...

Your casserole is called Silhouette Daisy - your lucky day, for sure!! Great find!

Tami Von Zalez said...

All sorts of goodies!

Popped in from Rednesday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

Love the aqua s&p's! What a delight to scroll through your treasures! Happy Rednesday!

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, wow! I love them all! I'm so glad your thrift store actually has thrift store prices! I would say the S&P's are the bargain of the day, although I'm partial to the baby planter!