Why is it I feel the need to say, "duuude" when something is funny, sad or tastes good?
I don't know...but all I do know is, this recipe for Cheesy Potato Casserole, will NOT let you down!
Talk about comfort food on center stage!
You will need:
- 1 30oz bag of Country Style Hash Browns
- 2 - cans of 10 1/2oz Cream of Chicken (most recipes call for 1 can but I have made this a few times before and it DOES NOT taste as creamy and good with 1 can, trust me...use 2)
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion (I HATE onions so I barely put any in and then add about 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder)
- 2 cups of crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter. (I go the oldschool route and butter the baking dish)
2. In a large bowl, slowly mix together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and Hash Browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together corn flakes and melted butter. Spread evenly on top of Hash Brown mixture.
4. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This is one of those dishes where it still tastes good re-heated!
It was so yummy! :)