Monday, September 24, 2012

An Infinite Love For Vintage

Oh how I love the feeling of walking into an antique/thrift store. The smell of "old" in the air.
The little old lady that sits behind that counter and greets you with the same 
adorable smile. I couldn't imagine buying anything other than vintage.

  
3 Flamingo Pink Pyrex saucers. So cute! I can't wait to display them with my 
other pink Pyrex. 2.00 for all.
1953 Children's Christmas book. 
This beauty is filled with so many sweet images.
Take a gander...
Santa filling stockings...making sure not to wake up the little boys and girls...
Mama and children carefully placing wonderful trimmings...
This lovely book even includes Christmas songs! 
Silent Night, Deck the Halls and Jingle Bells :)1.00.
1963 Casper The Friendly Ghost children's book.
More gorgeous images. Come see...
How cute is Casper?! Learning ghostly ways...
He sure scared em' this time! 1.00.
Vintage Christmas tablecloth. Aren't those poinsettia's to die for?! I can't wait to show you my new
1940's retro table and chairs I just purchased last weekend! It needs a little cleaning, but it should be ready to move in from the garage soon.
I can't wait to throw this beauty on it for Christmas! 3.50.
I have finally found one!!! 1965, 3rd edition,
Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook! 2.00.
I spy, with my little eye...something vintage and blue! Yep, that's an Hazel Atlas striped tumbler!
Psst...do you see it? I knew you would! Don't you love it when you 
spot Pyrex? :)
Speaking of...I scored this 1 1/2 quart divided Constellation Pyrex dish w/ lid. 
I spent a little more than I normally would, but I love this pattern and it's my first!
7.99.

I sure hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful Fall weather! 
We thoroughly enjoyed this past weekend outdoors!
Happy Monday!


11 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I have that same Betty Crocker cookbook! The graphics are so cute and colorful. I actually have it displayed in my room in an old freezer basket full of vintage cookbooks. It is in the very front for everyone to enjoy:-)

Sherri B. said...

Very nice finds...another pyrex pattern that I haven't seen before and in such good shape! xo

Tami Von Zalez said...

I've been keeping an eye out for those 50s and 60s children's Christmas books - they are hard to find! Gotta love the graphics.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Love the Christmas book, you have to grab them when you find them, they're few and far between!!

vintage grey said...

What sweet finds, and I love the tablecloth!! Can't wait to see your tables and chairs! xo Heather

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Of course I love the tablecloth, and how cute would the red rimmed Pyrex look on it? Sweet books....just all great finds.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great pyrex finds..and I love vintage Christmas tablecloths!

craftyles said...

Great treasures. I love the tablecloth and the pyrex. I remember my brother having that cookbook. He learned to bake all kinds of things from it, and is now quite a gourmet cook!
Have a great week!

Cindi said...

I bought that cook book a few weeks ago for my niece and her kids. It was in almost perfect condition. Not like the one we had as kids, which got quite spattered during use. I also spent some time going through all the pictures and enjoying all the vintage dishes.

Thanks for sharing.

SixBalloons said...

I love Casper. When i was scared of ghosts as a kid, I would imagine them to be friendly like him!

Lottie Lee said...

I'm obsessed with vintage Betty Crocker Cookbooks! I absolutely need this one :) So adorable! Even though I don't have children yet!

I also LOVE that retro pyrex dish... I need to keep my eyes peeled for retro pyrex at my local thrift shops!

I joined your blog so will be back regularly! Also, I am going to link you on mine!

Keep up the amazing work!

xxxLottie Lee

http://www.vintagewarbride.com