Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Treasures & Gifted Vintage Cookbooks

Wow! It has been absolutely gorgeous this week! 
Isn't funny how just a short couple months ago we were miserably hot...And now Fall has finally arrived! So lovely! The leaves on our front yard tree have started to turn a beautiful golden yellow. 
The birds are visiting their bird house more often.
And the night has opened up to beautiful clear skies.
I went thrifting the other day and found so many lovely things. I couldn't wait to share them with you! 

I found this beautiful Sunflower 1qt. vintage Pyrex dish hiding inside some terrible looking ovenware.
I saw it's bright, lively color peaking through the drab off-white casserole 1990's dishware. Thank goodness I noticed it or else it may have never been saved! :) 3.50.
Vintage flower frog, .69. 
My mother's senior picture. Wasn't she a fox?!
  
Mr. and Mrs. Claus need a bath! 
This summer a friend and myself went yard saling. I totally forgot about this little duo until I went into my craft/junk room last week. 
1.00 at an estate sale.
Pink-Speckled Desert Dawn Pyrex 8" pie plate. 7.50. I splurged on this little lady. 
Again, my Pyrexia grabbed a hold of me and made me do it!
Hubby and I went to a local flea market a couple of weekends ago. I spied this little lamb planter.
I bought it for a 1.00. It will go great with this planter. :)
"NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!" Lol! Sorry...I had to do it.
Vintage apron, 2.00. I can't wait to make all kinds of Christmas goodies wearing this!
Just look at this beautifully vintage tablecloth! She makes mama proud :) 2.99. 
Baby Boy got a paint job. I think he'll look adorable in a baby's room :)


A couple of months ago I posted about my vintage utility Cosco cart I got while yard saling. 
In that post I had mentioned I was in serious need of some more cookbooks.
I received a comment saying if I really wanted some more vintage cookbooks - I could have them!
I was so excited!
This sweet offer came from my blogging buddy, Valerie over @ Vonlipi's Favorites.
I absolutely love these cookbooks! Hubby and I have already tried a few recipes.
It's funny to see how much FOOD has changed along with the times.
 They range in years from 1968 - 1974. 
I can't wait to try more of these fun, old recipes!
And, I think they look pretty darn adorable on my utility cart.
Hey, look! They're even kitty cat approved! She's such a camera hog! :)

Thank you Valerie! You are one sweet gal! I can't wait to return the gesture!
Make sure you check out her blog! 
She is an avid blogger with TONS of vintage Pyrex scores. Not to mention has an hilarious sense of humor!
And she lives in beautiful Montreal, Canada! Swoon...

I hope you all are having an amazing, vintage-y week! 
God bless! :)



11 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, wow!!! great vintage finds, love pyrex to, can`t resist neither when its a great price. Love the flower frog to, I collect those oldies but goodies and your right, Mom was a fox. Thanks for sharing, Blessings Francine.

LV said...

You really hit the jackpot with all these finds.

Sherri B. said...

You sure hit the jackpot, wow!! I hardly ever see those vintage pyrex and if I do they are well used.

Love your cute kitty helper..so sweet! xo

janice15 said...

Wow, I have the oval sunflower Pyrex and I love it...such sweet things you got...great finds...Happy Thursday..with love janice

Jill said...

Great finds - Daisy is such a fun pattern!! Love everything you found!

Tammy's in Love said...

Tablecloth is adorable colors! Pyrex will look great on that too!

Shannon said...

Everything you found is so sweet--I especially love the pink pyrex and the lamb planter. I've always loved those planters.

Suzanne said...

Love the apron and the lamb planter- and the cookbooks! What a lucky girl!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Ooo! Pink pyrex and a lamb planter are on my wish list! great finds! ♥

ThrifterSisters said...

Of course I am loving all the Pyrex but that tablecloth is heaven and one I don't have!

Erica

Miss M! said...

I have that BH&G Salad Book. I bought it because I thought it would be a fun white elephant gift, but it has some really good recipes in there! My go-to chicken salad recipe is from that book. :)