Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vintage Goodies

It has been awhile since I've posted anything! This is my first post of September...and it's almost the middle of the month!!!
I haven't really had the time to thrift lately, but I have picked up a few things here and there. 

 Isn't this cherries tin the cutest?! I picked it up at a thrift store for .50.
  
 This lantern was just staring me down as I made my way through an antique mall. I finally just placed him in my buggy and realized I was his new adoptive mother! 2.50.
  
These playing cards were gifted to me by my Husbands Uncle. He knows I am an avid vintage hound and brought these to me. They look early to mid 60's to me. What do you think?
I found this cross-stitch piece at a thrift store for .50. It had a horrible frame - black and brass, ick! And the matte was an ugly off white. I gave them both a paint job. I think it turned out sweet! 
 How totally adorable is this picture? I found this at the same thrift store I found the cross-stitch. It was .50 as well. I also gave this pic a paint job. The original frame color was a chipped up white. 

I hope everyone is doing well! I will try not to stay away so long again! :)
Have a wonderful and blessed Wednesday!



 

 
 


12 comments:

vintage grey said...

Such sweet finds!! Love the cherry tin, and cross-stitch! I have a red lantern just like that!! Happy belated birthday! Hope you special day was wonderful! xo Heather

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, wonderful Thrift store buys, love the cherry tin to, makes ya smile. The pony picture is sweet to, like the lantern,we also have a red one. Blessings Francine.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I love your cherry tin! I often find cute (and cheap) tins at the Goodwill. I don't feel guilty buying them because I can always use them to organize my art stuff.
That was sweet of your husbands Uncle to give you the cards!
Hope you're having a great week :)
Erica

craftyles said...

You found some wonderful things. I love the little needlepoint and the playing cards are great. The little cherry tine for 50 cents-Wow.

Tami said...

I really love the look of your blog! And what great things you are able to find!! Lovely!!
XO Tami

Chicken Wrangler said...

What neat finds! I do favor the Cherries Tin of all your items, though. What a good eye you have!

Eilidhbelle said...

I've just stumbled on your blog and I absolutely love it! Can I come and live in it? Is that possible?
x



sittingonherbumbaleerie.blogspot.co.uk

Anne said...

I just love that cross stitch picture you found. I hope your having a nice week!

Tammy's in Love said...

Just picked myself up off the floor! That cherries tin would be so perfect to store paper craft tags in! JEALOUSY just jumped up and reared its ugly head!

Chenille Cottage said...

Ooooo Lah Lah! Just look at all those cherries! What wonderful treasures you have spied and given a new home!
Thanks for letting me have a peek at your latest finds!
Smiles,
Carolynn

retrorevival.biz said...

We've missed you! Nice finds, especially that little blue lantern!

~Cindy

Creative Breathing said...

Hi There! I was so happy to see a comment left by you on my blog as it gives me the chance to visit your adorable blog again. I loved your previous post. Boy am I slow to "get it". I didn't know that people were collecting Pyrex to display, LOL, I thought they were collecting it to use! Now I feel really goofy that I use mine everyday and am constantly trying to get it back when I send something in it home with my children. Love your cherry tin. I have a set of MS elves ready to come your way if you would like them. You can e-mail me your address at elizabeth.andrus@yahoo.com Elizabeth