Monday, October 29, 2012

Craigslist Goodies & Weekend Retro Finds

Happy Monday blogging buddies!
Last week I contacted a seller on Craigslist about her retro lamp for sale.
How rare is it that you strike up a friendly conversation with a complete stranger?
I talked to Penny for almost an hour that night.
She filled me in on the history behind the lamp she had to offer. So neat to know exactly where your "new" finds originated from.
As we were discussing plans to meet up, I discovered she loved Primitive/Country decor. I had a lot of Primitive decor just sitting in an extra room.
She offered to make a trade for the items. That's exactly what we did.
I was so pleased to meet Penny and her daughter. What lovely folks!
Penny does not have a blog, but she is a reader.
Thank you Penny...you truly are a kindred spirit.
Isn't this lamp a beautiful piece of mid-century art?
Aren't those swirls to die for?! The shade was way more gorgeous than I had expected!
Penny also offered me this mid-century alarm clock that belonged to her parents.
It now sits in my bedroom.
My favorite Craigslist finds to date! :)

I had a little extra time this weekend to sneak off to the antique stores in a nearby town.
My husband is so darn cute. I bought this vintage-inspired radio Saturday morning. Later that evening he high-jacked the radio to the kitchen and cooked my step daughter and I dinner while listening to it. AND used my Pyrex!
So cute...he really is my favorite person! :)
How incredibly beautiful is this Fire King Vitrock Tulips grease jar? I had to have it!
Now I need the matching S&P shakers.
Speaking of S&P shakers.....
I found an item on my wish list!!!!
Isn't it such an amazing feeling when you can check off a long-awaited item?
I have been eye-ing these 1958 Holt Howard cat S&P shakers on every and any web site I can view them on. Now all I have to do is walk into my kitchen! :)
Oh Fiestaware! I love everything about you!
I like to mismatch Fiesta. I think that is part of it's fun!
These colors just so happen to be my favorites. Turquoise and Persimmon :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I know we enjoyed ourselves!
Jack-O-Lantern we carved! Isn't he scary?

Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY! You have until November 1st to enter!

27 comments:

✿Carol✿ said...

That lamp really is a thing of beauty, and so is that alarm clock! I love all of your finds, and you've inspired me to try Craigslist. Now that the flea market and garage sale season seems to be over, I need to seek out other sources for my treasures!

craftyles said...

The lamp is really spectacular. Nice to hit it off with a seller too. You have some wonderful finds on this post. Love the Fireking jar!

delia hornbook said...

aahh there really are some lovely people out there. That lamp is a stunner and so is that radio Wow its gorgeous and the fact it works to even better ;-) Have a lovely week, dee x

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How fun is that, you were able to trade for your cool lamp!
Love that radio.

Sharing Shadymont said...

The lamp is a terrific find! I love its shape and the shade is just lovely! So great to find a new friend as well.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

I have had opportunity to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger to find a kindred spirit - it is delightful. Love the lamp - what an amazing find! You have done quite well in your shopping! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Mamaw Bee said...

Love the lamp and the radio. I too had the Holt Howard kitties on my wish list. I finally found them at a really good bargain. Then turned around a few days later and found them again at another bargain so I bought my sister a set. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine.

Pyrex Junkie said...

Love the lamp so retro! And your radio is awesome, my favorite colors are red and white! Awesome finds!!! I must try craigslist for these types of items, maybe I will luck out!

Chenille Cottage said...

Ooooooo Lah Lah! What incredibly sweet treasures! You hit the mother lode, my friend. I love your marvelous "new" cheery red radio!!!!! And, it's even nicer knowing your hubs fixed dinner, too.
Thanks for sharing your pretty Pyrex pieces! so glad you completed you set!
It was so nice seeing that you stopped by and commented on my blog!
Smiles,
Carolynn

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That lamp is gorgeous! We love mid century modern at my house also. The radio is super cute and a great find but oh my, those cat s&p's are the best1

hugs, Linda

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Lots of great items. The clock is soooooo cool. Neat cat s&p shakers too.

20 North Ora said...

You found alot of really cute retro items. They seem to be getting rarer and rarer. So many things from the past that I wish I had held on to. My Mom and Grandmother had so many neat items, but at the time, I wasn't real crazy about them. And now.....

Judy

Happy Holiday Girl said...

The grease jar is rocking! My fav thing about Fiestaware is also mismatching it!

vintage grey said...

What a fun lamp and clock!! Sweet finds!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

Lottie Lee said...

WOW what fabulous finds! I love every single thing!

Stay Glamorous!
xxxLottie Lee
vintagewarbride.com

Pamela said...

Love all your vintage finds! thanx for sharing them at THT!

Stacey Johnson said...

Isn't it fun to meet the people? I LOVE that clock! And the grease jar is amazing! Those are fabulous finds. Sounds like your huband is a keeper too!

Jill said...

You found so many great things, it's sure a good day when that happens!!

Pam said...

Fantastic finds. I love, love, love that red radio!

reprise said...

I adore the radio!

SueLovesCherries said...

You sure lucked out - the lamp and clock are awesome! Your radio is just way too cool! Oh, and keep an eye on those cats, they look like they're up to something! ;)

bj said...

I love all your olden items...really a neat collection.
Over from Colorado Lady.
I am linking up to follow..come see me when you can.:)

Celestina Marie said...

WOW, you found some incredible treasures and met some wonderful people. The lamp and your vintage radio is terrific. Love the red!! And your hubby to cook~~that too is a treat. Love the style and retro look of your blog. So nice to meet you and enjoyed my visit.
Happy Hunting,
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Michelle said...

The lamp and clock are amazing finds. I never think to look on Craigslist. I love the Fire King tulips jar. Cheers, Michelle

Still Woods Farmhouse said...

I am crazy about the radio! It would look wonderful in my kitchen. Red is my color. You did find some terrific items. Visiting from Time Travel Thursday and am your newest follower. Glad I found you!

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow..fantastic finds!! Love it all.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Great finds!!
*hugs*deb