Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crisp Air and Vintage Love

Oh how I love this time of year! 
With each passing day the temperatures drop and so do the leaves.
My husband has already been starting fires for us at night time.
There is nothing like the smell of wood roaming through the house!

I finally finished my newest project. 
I have been searching for a circa 1940's - 1950's retro chrome table and chairs for quite some time.
Back in May we had a large yard sale and I sold my dining room table and chairs. I wanted to make room for my new purchase. Sadly, I waiting too long to contact the owners of a retro table and chairs I had found on Craigslist. They had just sold it the day before :(
Luckily, I found something even better and in better shape! All it needed was some polishing up and a fresh coat of paint on the edges of the table.
There are 4 chairs all together but 2 are missing backs. 
I may end up reupholstering the seats all together. At that time, I will fix the backs.
Here she is...
All decked out for Fall/Halloween. And my camera-hog of a kitty had to make an appearance.
Freshly painted edges and polished up chrome :)
 The total cost for the new addition to my home...$65!!!
I bought this vintage trey for .25 at a local fall festival last weekend.
Lucite deer family, 1.50.
Halloween mantle display.
Black shelving with Halloween/Fall decor.
Not-so vintage Jack-O-Lantern light.

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful time of year! 
Happy Thrifting everyone!

16 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, wow,your home looks Falltastic!!!! love all your Fall goodies, even the kitty. Great job on the mantle, love the crows, neat touch. Beautiful time of year,Blessings Francine.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Great table and chairs! Congrats!
There is a similar table at my local antique store but it's aqua! I want it so bad! It's $85.00 without chairs though. I can't stop thinking about it.
My friend Jill just sent me those exact same 3 orange deer! lol Very cute!
Happy Fall,
Erica

Protector of Vintage said...

Your home looks very cozy! Love the "new" table and the tablecloth, too.

vintage grey said...

Awesome table and chairs!! And of course I love the tablecloth! Such prettiness! Have a great week! xo Heather

Bunny Jean said...

You were lucky to have found such a good deal on that table set. I see replicas around every so often and they are pretty pricy. It will fit right in with all your vintage decor!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh I hate it when someone beats me to something on craigslist! But alls well that ends well, eh?

I've had my eye on a table at the antique mall. Someone is bound to buy it before I can but that's okay. I still like looking at it!

I spied your dot pot! I have one, too!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Love, love the table and chairs! Your kitty looks so cute under it! And I had to chuckle at the eyeballs rolling around the mantel! LOL!
Blessings,
Susie

retrorevival.biz said...

Your table is awesome! Pretty tablecloth too:)

~Cindy

craftyles said...

I love the table and chairs. SO pretty decked out for fall. Cute Halloween decorations.

Diann said...

What a great find in the vintage table set! Love it and love the color of the chairs! Thank you for joining TTF this past week. Have a great day!

✿Carol✿ said...

This is easily my favorite post of the day! The table and chairs are GORGEOUS, and I love the vintage luggage and JOL there in the corner. And I remember having a set of deer like that when I was little. Yes I agree, this is a wonderful time of the year!

donna said...

Love your table and the chairs look great. You did great decorating for Halloween.
Hugs
donna

Pamela said...

Loving your vintage tablecloth and oh my your kitchen table is dreamy! Thanx for joining THT!

Lottie Lee said...

Loving the decorations! Simply adorable!

Stay Glamorous!
xxxAmber


http://www.vintagewarbride.com

Shabby Marilyn said...

Great find on the table set! Newest follower, did not know you had two blogs! Love Pyrex, and all things vintage, so I will be back!

ColibriNB said...

Love the little deer family - my sister had them when we were kids - brought back good memories. Thanks for sharing !