Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Glendale Crossing Festival Finds

Yesterday I blogged about visiting Glendale, Kentucky for their annual Glendale Crossing Festival.
I scored tons of fun things! So many that I have decided to show you
all of them in a couple different entries.
Enjoy!
I had a mini coronary when I saw this Fire King Jadeite bubble bowl!
I almost hit the floor when I saw the price.
$7!!! Yes, a bowl that typically sells on Ebay and Etsy for $50-$60, I bought for
a measly $7.

The vintage Christmas ornaments were in a zip lock bag with a pretty little 1.99
sticker on it. I swooped them up with the quickness before anyone even thought about touching them!
I was a little unsure about what I should use the bubble bowl for.
It's not a very deep dish.
 So now it sits next to my couch on an end table.
It serves as a candy dish :)
I think I will fill it with ornaments at Christmas time.
(I didn't find this at the festival but I wanted to show you the sweet picture I found in my
mother's picture stash. I think these ladies are family of mine. My mother was a Genealogist and had loads of family pictures from many decades ago. Don't these ladies look adorable?)
Vintage hankie, .59. I'll keep it in my pocket for the cold season that's about to hit us.
Linens with a pretty price tag were few and far between at this festival.
I think everyone has caught onto us...
Vintage tea towel, 2.00.
Vintage tea towel, 2.25.
As I was making my rounds around the 500 + booths at the festival. I happened upon a booth where
a lady had vintage tablecloths. I put a little giddy-up in my step and shot over to the booth.
With sadness I learned they were all reproductions :(
Shhhh....don't tell anyone!
Reproduction Santa Clause tablecloth, 8.00.
I tried my hardest to visit all of my favorite antique stores while at the festival.
This was a very difficult task. It was a madhouse in the small town!
I did manage to squeeze my way through my favorite store while there.
I always visit the booth I got these potholders from, but have never seen them.
She must have put them out just for the festival.
Vintage crochet potholders, 1.50 each.
Are you ready for the Christmas-y, Vintage-y goodness?!
How simply gorgeous are these?
My kitty decided to have a looksie while my back was turned.
I sat her down and had a heart to heart.
I told her if she dared to bust up my Shiny Brites, I would find her a new home.
Lol, not really...but seriously, she better keep her paws off of them!
I usually buy plastic ornaments because all of us cat lovers know they think our Christmas trees are an indoor tree house.
Vintage Shiny Brite Christmas ornaments, 3.50.

Please check back this week for the rest of my
goodies! Happy Thrifting!

21 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

What an amazing festival! If I lived closer I would have met you there:-) Love everything you found especially the Fire King bubble bowl.

Erica

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow! You certainly were successful at the festival!! I love all the great "finds," especially the cute tulip towel.

Tammy's in Love said...

Wow! Who cares if it's a reproduction tablecloth when it looks THAT cute!? It will take about 1/4 the time to iron too! I bet you are counting your lucky stars there, you did find some really FUN FINDS!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

WOW you sure did find some awesome pieces!!!! That is a festival I wish was around me! ; ) sending hugs!!!

Diane Mars said...

Very nice Vintage Goodies, you did score! I just love Treasure Hunting!

vintage grey said...

Love your finds!! The jadeite bowl is beautiful, and I love the linens!! xo Heather

Jill said...

Great finds, it must have been a great day!!!

sweetvintageofmine said...

WOW!, you did get some great Christmans fabulous finds! I really love that picture of the ladies~~that is a KEEPER! My hubby and I drove thru Glendale back in May. We got there late, and most everything was closed except the Barn. We still enjoyed ourselves and will be back. Thanks for the info on the festival! I hope you post next year about the festival to remind people like me...I would love to go! Have a blessed week! Roxie

Primitive Stars said...

Hello....Jadeite jackpot......great piece.....and price.....love the old picture.....real treasure.....sweet hankies to.........Blessings Francine.

LV said...

You trip really paid off this time. You found some very nice vintage ornaments.

Jeanne said...

I'm amazed you found the Jadite bowl..I've never actually seen one. How exciting to get such a good price! Have a happy Rednesday this week!

craftyles said...

Wow-I love that jadite bowl. The vintage linens are wonderful. You are getting me in the mood for Christmas!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I have looked at that REPRO tablecloth so many times on EBAY! I love it! You got a great deal because it goes for more like $25.00 or $30.00 online. Your jadite bowl is perfect for candy. I just love eveything that you found!
Happy for you,
Erica :)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Sounds like a fun festival and for sure some FUN finds! I just love looking things up on ebay to see what they're selling for! ♥

Mecky said...

WHAT GREAT FINDS!! That jadeite was a real steal. Lucky you!!
That tulip T-towel is adorable!!!

I need to shop where you do!!! LOL

Mecky

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You found some awesome and fun things! Love the Shiny Brites! Hugs, Linda

Miss M! said...

A jadeite bubble bowl - WOW! I have nine of them in milk glass, and I've seen them in clear glass once or twice, but never jadeite. What a great find!

Chenille Cottage said...

Just look at those wonderful vintage linens! You have found some perfect treasures. Jadeite green...Oooo Lah Lah!!!
What a fun day you have had...and what fun it was for me to see all your new discoveries.
Smiles,
Carolynn xo

retrorevival.biz said...

I'm a little jealous! The ornaments! The linens! Eke! Happy to hear you scored so big:)

~Cindy

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Thank you for your visit..its a pleasure meeting you.
I have enjoyed reading many of your posts today.
What a great time, I would have been right there with you.
My SNL owns and runs a B&B in Elizabethtown IL and while visiting her she drove me into Kentucky, what part I did see of Kentucky I love it....what a beautiful state. I hope to visit Kentucky again when I'm out in IL.
So my goodness girl you really did hit the jock-pot! Love everything you found. What I have done with vintage hankies is use them for pillows or quilts.
I have become your newest follower and look forward to visiting again.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Stacey Johnson said...

Amazing stuff! I have the bowl in white....I love the Jadite! the Christmas stuff is fantastic too!