Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's REDNESDAY! Christmas Reds

This week has been very busy. I started back to my old job bright and early Monday morning.
I had been on medical leave for almost 3 months because of my back issues.
I'm glad to say I feel a million times better than this Spring!
I am so happy for this change!
Although, I will miss drinking my morning coffee on my comfy couch in my pajamas.
Oh and The Price Is Right...I will definitely miss it! :(
Another downer to coming back to work...less time for thrifting!
BOOOO!
Last week, I had some time to shop for my favorite vintage items.
Vintage Christmas!!!
It's getting so close folks, 69 days left until Christmas! Can you believe that?!
I am linking up with Sue @ It's A Very Cherry World for REDNESDAY!

How stinkin' cute is this Lefton Christmas angle napkin holder?! I could hardly contain myself in the middle of the antique mall when I found her. She quickly became mine!
Vintage aluminum Christmas wreath. I can't wait to dress this up with some vintage ornaments and a big red Christmas bow!
Christmas hankie. These poinsettia's are so sweet! I know just the spot to put it in!
Vintage Santa Clause lollipop holders. I see where you can hang them as an ornament.
Does anyone know if that's what you typically do with these or can you use them as figurine decor too?
Regardless...too cute!

Here are some of my other Reds and non-Red finds.
Vintage glass syrup dispenser.
I love these dispensers but I hardly find any that are in decent shape. Majority of the ones I find, the plastic is cracked.
What a cute craft for the holidays! A great way to use them to spice up your holiday kitchen!

I finally found a vintage Pyrex juice carafe that wasn't faded beyond belief!
She glistens in the sun on the shelving above my kitchen sink :)
Vintage Kordite colored clothespins.
I have no idea what I'm going to use these for.
Any ideas?
Vintage Pop Shoppe bottle.
There were 2 more of these at the thrift store.
I am definitely going back for the other ones. If they are still there.
Large Pyrex Hostess bowl.
I wish this had come with the lid. I know how rare it is to find one with the lid.

Last month, Elizabeth from Creative Breathing had a fun giveaway.
And I won these absolutely adorable pine cone elves!!!
How creative are these?!
Make sure you check out Elizabeth's blog. She is so very talented!
She is constantly creating adorable pieces!
Thank you Elizabeth! These elves will be a precious addition to my Christmas decor!

Happy REDNESDAY everyone!

16 comments:

✿Carol✿ said...

Wow, you've had some amazing luck with these finds! LOVE all of the vintage Christmas, especially that wreath. That's something that I haven't found yet, but I can SO picture tons of Shiny Brites on there!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

ThrifterSisters said...

Love love love the santa candy holders. You can do just about anything with them. Thanks so much for posting that photo of the syrup dispensers with the Christmas decoations in them. I collect those and now won't have to pack them away at Christmas time!

Erica

Primitive Stars said...

Hello....love all the red goodies you pictured..really nice collection of vintage treasures...Blessings Francine.

Sherri B. said...

What great finds!! Yesterday, one of the thrifts in my area, had just started putting out a few Christmas things and was happy to find a few treasures to bring home. Those pine cone elves are so sweet I will have to go over to visit Eliazbeth and see what else she is up to.

Have a great week! xo

vintage grey said...

Love all you red treasures!! So pretty! The syrup dispenser is so cute, and what a neat idea to fill them up with goodies!! Too cute! xo Heather

LV said...

Enjoyed seeing all your reds. Christmas is coming much too fast for me.

Jann Olson said...

Fabulous finds Denise! Love all of the vintage Christmas. The red syrup container is SWEET! I have never seen green ones before. Would like to find a few. You really made a haul. Glad that you are feeling better. Bummer though that one must work! It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. Please come relink this with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

such wonderful finds!

Well those clothes pins look cute in the jar but I use my wooden ones to hang cute blankets on my indoor "clothes lines". ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, lots of great Christmas red treasures! Love the syrup bottles! I may have to look for one in red for my home!
Deb :)

Jill said...

I loved The Pop Shoppe!! They do still make it, but it's just not the same when you don't go to "The Pop Shoppe"

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I don't know which of your "reds" I like the best! They're all just great. Well, the aluminum wreath is darn cute! I've been looking at aluminum x-mas trees for a week now on Ebay. I'm going to have to wait until June I think, so that I don't pay a fortune!
Thanks for sharing!
Erica :)

craftyles said...

Lovely reds. I adore the syrup pourer. The red pyrex is also great. You are a lucky girl to win a giveaway from Elizabeth. She is true artist and so talented.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Look at all that Christmas loveliness!I am a sucker for vintage Christmas. I had the red hostess set and bowls..no lid. A week later I found the one with the lid for $15! Keep looking.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oooh, yay! What a delight to see all your vintage reds and non reds! I think that syrup container idea is a great one! I would use the clips to hang pretty paper crafts and cards from a chicken wire screened frame! Glad you are feeling better, dear.
Blessings,
Susie

Stacey Johnson said...

I love all your finds! I'm looking for a red Hostess like that too...with a lid. Hard to find. :)

Jann Olson said...

Glad you relinked this. Love all of your treasures!
Hugs,
Jann