Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It has been nothing short of chaos in my little household the last couple of weeks.
We are putting the bedroom swap on hold temporarily.
We had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I hope you did too! Unfortunately, we spent Thanksgiving weekend being sick!
I've had a terrible head cold, my husband had a stomach virus and my step daughter kept complaining of pains in her legs. I'm assuming were growing pains. Poor thing!
We did however manage to get our tree up before any of us got really sick.
I am still putting finishing details on the house and tree, but I do have a couple areas of our home to show you!
This is the quilt which hangs near our sitting area.
I feel like this area is missing something. I am always tweaking my displays...Christmas displays are no different. I'm sure by Christmas morning this area will have changed a million more times!
Pepper Santa has been gone for quite some time. I always feel bad putting Salt Santa out by himself. But, I think he'd rather watch me cook than sit in a tote all winter!
Doesn't the aqua and red look fantastic together?!
I love these Lefton choir boys. How sweet is the Santa bell? He's severely cracked on the back. I hope he'll last many more Christmases without the glue gun!
Like how I positioned Rudolph? I picture him saying, "say what Mr. Rocking Horse!"
Coca Cola crate shelf.
I love these Lefton angel candle holders. So sweet!
These poor elves are losing their clothes! At least they're aging beautifully!
Snowgal bell I picked up this year at a thrift store, a not-so-vintage poinsettia tin and Santa with an umbrella! Don't you just love kitsch?!
Gifted carolers music figurine. Thanks Penny! :)
Fire King Jadeite bubble bowl full of Shiny Brites and Santa's!

A couple of weeks ago I received a comment from Jann @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson. She told me she had recently found a Pyrex Butterfly Gold gravy boat. She wanted to gift it to me! How sweet is that?! She even made sure I received it before Thanksgiving!
If you've never checked out Jann's blog, please do! She hosts Share Your Cup Thursday every week.
Thank you so much Jann! You are too sweet!
Happy Tuesday and happy thrifting!

16 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

Your displays are very similar to mine! It took one whole day to put out decorations and another whole day just to decorate my trees. I can't wait to show you! We have some of the same things:-)

Happy Holidays!

Erica

Shirley Hatfield said...

What cute displays! I love finding less-than-perfect porcelains and orphan salt and peppers. When put together they look charming and it's nice to know they will be loved for many years to come. Thank you for sharing your sweet Christmas decor. =D

Pyrex Junkie said...

I really like your crate hanging on the wall! My husband and I have 2 crates, cocoa cola and pepsi and the friend he got it from gave him the idea to hang them on the wall and then I saw yours and I really like it!
I just might have to do the same =)

p.s. Everything looks really nice! Can't wait to decorate myself.

craftyles said...

Your displays are wonderful. I love how you have used your fireking bowls and santa mugs. Such vintage goodness. Hope you are feeling better.Love that gravy boat-what a sweet gift!

vintage grey said...

Love all your sweet Christmas displays and treasures!! Sending you Christmas joy! Have a great week! xo Heather

✿Carol✿ said...

Everything looks so nice Denise! Love all of the vintage Christmas, but for some reason I keep going back to that amazing mid century lamp. It's a real stunner!

Jann Olson said...

Denise, turquoise and red is my favorite color combo. Love all of your vintage treasures. Especially love the dotty Fire King bowl. There was a set of 4 tulip ones at the last estate sale I went to. They wanted $60 so I passed. Had no idea what they sale for. Just knew I had so so many bowls. I was so happy that the gravy boat arrived unharmed. Thanks for the shout out sweetie! Hope everyone is feeling better.
Hugs,
Jann

Primitive Stars said...

Hi, such sweet vintage displays and goodies......love all the cute elves, snowman and Santa's, I also have the Santa mugs I enjoy putting out every year......Blessings Francine.

Margaret said...

What a Christmasy house you have! Love your displays! Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins

Tammy's in Love said...

Now what's cuter than polka dot Pyrex with ornaments in it?! Nothing I say! Bring on the Christmas cutenss! Thanks for the tour!

ColibriNB said...

Nice Christmas displays.
Salt Santa is so cute – way too cute to be hiding away.
The Pop Shoppe bottle brought back memories for me.
And I love how the little Lucite deer family puts in an appearance – I wonder if my sister still has hers? I’ll have to ask her.
Hope you are all feeling better.
:)
C

Jill said...

I like it all....

I agree, blogging friends are the very best!

Chenille Cottage said...

What a darling post. I lov all your cute little Santas and don't they look sweet perched in your shelves next to your other kitchy critters. Your home is so cozy and inviting.
Oh...You are so right! Jann is a doll. Blogging friends are such treasures!
Blessings,
Carolynn. xxx

SueLovesCherries said...

Lots of eye candy - yum! The blue on your shelf is just the perfect shade with red! I Pinned that and your Coke shelf and started a new board called Shelves!

Stacey Johnson said...

Love, love the shelves of figurines! So cute. Sorry you were sick. My son is having those growing pains too!

Melissa said...

Your decor is awesome! Love vintage Christmas stuff!!!