Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today is REDNESDAY!

Happy REDNESDAY!
If you are feeling a little RED, hop on over to see Sue @ It's A Very Cherry World!
My trip to Cincinnati turned out to be fruitful. Not only did I get to spend much needed time with my family, I got to do a little thrift shopping with my cousin who enjoys thrifting as well!
We hit up quite a few places; some unexpected but mostly ones that were on my list.
I was pretty happy with the prices. I guess I figured the location would mean higher thrift prices. That was not the case.
Most everything I thrifted was vintage Christmas! Yay!
I automatically fell in love with this sweet lil' Christmas angel! Aren't her pipe cleaner wings the cutest kitschy thing ever?!
My cousin and I went to the Goodwill in Loveland, Ohio. There I found 2 Fiestaware mugs for .50 a piece. We didn't pay any attention to the sign when we first walked in, but all kitchenware was 50% off that day! So, I got 2 Fiestaware (not very vintage but still very cool) mugs for .50! :)
Vintage Napco elf. I got this cutie for 1.00.
There are no markings on this little Christmas angel. I'm thinking this is a Lefton piece. I'm not sure though.
She was also 1.00.
Napco elves. I think the man at the counter checking me out was literally checking me out! He gave me these elves for free. He said, "it will be our little secret". Eww! LOL! I wasn't going to complain that I was getting some sweet vintage-y Christmas-y goodies for free but...GROSS!!
Pyrex 501 fridgie. I can not believe the mint condition this little gal is in! I wonder if it sat in its original box until someone decided to sell it. Isn't she a cutie?! 2.00.
1968 13" Empire Santa Claus blow mold. I bought this little guy at a thrift store where all of their Christmas decor was 50% off. That's what I'm talking about! I scooped him up for a whopping 2.00.
Isn't he handsome? :)

Happy Rednesday!

21 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning....I`m seeing red and loving it......great vintage finds, so much fun...Blessings Francine.

Jill said...

I just found that same blow mold last month - and I know a couple of other people have found the very same one - must have been a popular one!! He's so cute..

Great deals on the Christmas goodies - hope I am so lucky next time I'm out on the hunt...

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Jill ~ I totally remember you finding the Empire blow mold! I remember being so envious because I NEVER find blow molds!!! I guess I got lucky this time :)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Aren't thrift stores the best! where all your fantasies come true! Oh, I am just kidding.. The guy liked you huh? Well glad you got the elves for free! And buying all you wonderful things at such a steal is so much fun! You did buy some awesome things, and I love the price tags!!!
Blessings,
Susie

Tami Von Zalez said...

I love your Rednesday ceramic figures! I would snap those up.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

✿Carol✿ said...

Amazing vintage Christmas finds! Even though it would make me feel icky, I think I would let someone flirt with me in order to get some free junk, and I think I'm OK with that!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I love kitchy angels! I have 3 tree topper ones but the one I want most is the dark haired one I remember from my childhoood.

Well, the flirty guy's secret is out now, huh? Ha-ha! I know such things can give you mixed feelings...

Back when I took my driver's test, the cop/instructor? guy who rode with me said he couldn't fail someone with such a smile... Ugh! I was so flustered and too embarassed to object and I've felt like an outlaw ever since! Should I *really* have a license??? Who knows!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love all your reds and especially all the great Christmas items! I only see the little red fridgies so worn out that seeing one in this condition is truly AMAZING! Great find!

hugs, Linda

sweetvintageofmine said...

Your REDNESDAY Finds are too cute!! Yeah, I'll take some RED today..needed a little more last night! Maybe it's not been such a blu day after all! Have a blessed week!

ThrifterSisters said...

Love everything but especially the blow mold! I found the same one a few weeks ago but without the light but I think that is an easy enough fix. And who cares if the Fiestaware isn't vintage? It's still dang beautiful!

Erica

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Haaa! He was "checking you out"!
At least you scored free vintage x-mas!
Great finds!
Erica :)

vintage grey said...

Such sweet finds!! Love the Santa!! Glad your trip was wonderful! xo Heather

Ann said...

I can see a red christmas around your house. Love the Santa.
Ann

Melissa said...

Wow! That is a serious haul! I looked for a blow mold today, but couldn't find one. Cross your fingers and hope I get as lucky as you. : )

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Love Santa, the fridgie & especially the elves.

SueLovesCherries said...

Wow! You scored big-time! Good stuff!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Look at all of your fun stuff! I love those little elves...they better get busy! Christmas is a comin'!

Miss M! said...

$2 for that Santa is awesome! I love those old plastic ones. I scored my first one a few weeks ago - 3ft tall for $11. I don't know if the light works yet though. Needs a bulb.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Are ALL of those your goodies?!! WOW!! Nice finds and what FUN!
Deb

Happy Holiday Girl said...

I recently found a few of those Santa blow molds too! I just love his face! Neat fridgie find too! Great stuff!

Zootsuitmama said...

Love your finds! I have an army of those 1969 Santas, just can't pass em up when I find them! My goal is to light them all up this year!