Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage Christmas Advertisements

Hello my blogging buddies! Life has been very busy this past week.
I have started nesting! :)
We are clearing out my husbands former man cave (sorry dear) and turning it into my step daughter's bedroom. She's so excited to be switching bedrooms. She feels like a big girl having her bedroom on the other side of the house. Lol! After that tedious task is done, we will then convert her now bedroom into the nursery!
I'm still in my 1st trimester and I know it's a little early to start all of this. I feel the need to take advantage of the sudden bursts of energy I get. I want to accomplish as much as I can, while I can!
I never know when I'm going to feel couch bound with no energy!

I've also had some time to get a little thrifting done. Alas, I have no pics to share with you today.
I will definitely be sharing my finds with you this week though! Along with a couple of projects I have completed...finally!
However, I thought I'd share some sweet vintage Christmas advertisements to get you in the Christmas spirit....if you needed it ;)
Mmm...what I wouldn't do for a box of Whitman's chocolates right about now!
Do you think she realizes her turkey is hanging out of the basket? haha
How funny is the blonde gal's facial expression?
One of my favorite vintage ad's ever!
Maybe I'll leave Santa a nicotine patch along with his cookies and milk this year!
Psst...hubby! Just in time for Christmas giving....
Happy Monday and happy thrifting!

12 comments:

vintage grey said...

How exciting for your step daughter, and I can't wait to see the sweet nursery! Love all the Christmas ads, especially the Pyrex!! Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

Primitive Stars said...

Oh joy.......love the old advertising pictures, brings back great memories......fun post, thanks.......Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Francine.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh my gosh! These are some of the cutest ads I've ever seen!
Enoy all the "nesting"! :)
Erica

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

LOL, how politically incorrect to see Santa smoking.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love seeing all those old ads!! I love the prices on the Pyrex! Oh enjoy fixing the nursery! Do it while you can still see your feet! Hugs, Linda

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Aw, what great ads! Thanks for sharing!
Happy nesting to you and your step daughter! ♥

Melissa said...

Good thinking, get it done now while you can still move around relatively easily. Also, I love the ads! My Grandparents still use that same tinsel. He puts it on one by one...It is infuriating and memorizing all at the same time.

Periwinkle Dzyns said...

love the pyrex ads!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Those ads are great...so much FUN! The TAN ad is something else!!! The look on that blondes face...but what about her boyfriend/husband??? LOL!! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving~~~~~~Roxie

ColibriNB said...

Great ads - some of them are so funny. I sure wouldn't want a scale for x-mas LOL! And a smoking Santa, complete with "puff chart" - my, how far we've come!!
:)
C

Jann Olson said...

How fun for your step daughter to get a new room just before Christmas. Can't wait to see it and the nursery. Love the vintage Ads. I am happy to say that I have one piece of that wonderful aqua snowflake Pyrex.
Hugs,
Jann

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...I love all those "olde" advertisements! I think they are about the same age as me!! ;-)teehee!!

I, especially, like the advertisement with that scary turkey's neck and head hanging outside the basket...Maybe they meant to use for Halloween, instead!
Have a Happy Day, my friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo