Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hark! Do I See Vintage Christmas?

Between a busy holiday season and being ill, time has really caught up to my little blog.
I appreciate all of your sweet comments about our little bundle.
He/she isn't so much a jelly bean anymore. I am 10 weeks as of yesterday. Bean is more like a prune now.
Isn't it funny how a fetus is described by food?
I find myself wanting to hurry December up more and more. I get to see my little prune again December 26th! I can't wait!
The more I see this Santa on my front door, the more he creeps me out. "He sees you when your sleeping, he knows where you're awake" has a new meaning now.
I love this little black shelf. I can always count on it to display things nicely.
This vintage Christmas plate was a thrifted find this past summer. Isn't the big red bow in the little girls hair so sweet? How excited is he about his new bow?
Another new addition is this Holt Howard mug. Found at my favorite thrift store.
I made this framed button Christmas tree out of my mother's vintage buttons. I got this idea from the very talented Carlene @ Organized Clutter. I think it turned out pretty cute!
Sweet vintage Christmas card for my hubby. I found it at an antique store last year.
I love his fluffy beard. The fur on this card is still very soft. The inside is signed, "With love always, Lou."
My pine cone elves have found themselves a comfy spot on my mantle this Christmas. Thanks to Elizabeth @ Creative Breathing.
I thought I'd give y'all a sneak peak at our lovely tree this year.
I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful holiday season. Now that I am no longer sick, I think we're going to tackle gift buying this weekend. Wish us luck! The stores are going to be a madhouse!
Happy Tuesday and happy thrifting!

23 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I love vintage Christmas and your button tree is really cute! I finally hit the antique mall yesterday and bought some vintage goodies. I feel much better now!

My last pregnancy was a worrisome one and I remember how much I looked forward to those ultra sounds! ♥

ThrifterSisters said...

I am drooling over that Holt Howard mug! I can't even stand how cute it is.

Happy Holidays!

Erica

Tami Von Zalez said...

That is a perfect post to link in to my Countdown to Kitschmas!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Pyrex Junkie said...

Love all of your vintage Christmas stuff! You decorate your home so well =)

Glad you are feeling better, hope you can enjoy your holiday season!

Good luck at those malls, I am staying far away from them, you are so brave!

ColibriNB said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
My thought when I saw your first picture -- what happened to "jolly" St-Nick? He doesn't quite seem jolly to me ... maybe he's a "mall Santa" ;)'
I love the plate - those characters are so sweet. And good job on the button tree - it looks good!
:)
C

Primitive Stars said...

Love all your Vintage Christmas goodies.....they are so much fun, brings back memories to from when I was small.....Blessings Francine.

Tammy's in Love said...

Sweet stuff! Pace yourself or you'll end up like me, it takes three of us three days to set it up! Just love the vintage ornaments!

✿Carol✿ said...

Looks like you've been busy decking those halls! LOVE that HH mug and your button tree!

Glad you're feeling better and can now enjoy the holidays!

Jill said...

I need to make a button tree - you did a great job!

craftyles said...

Cute vintage things all around. Love the button tree from your Moms buttons. Take it slow and easy fighting those crowds this weekend.

vintage grey said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Love all your sweet vintage Christmas goodies!! Happy Thrifting! xo Heather

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love it all! The ornaments are all so cute, and great job on the button tree. May have to steal that idea!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your decorations are darling! I have that Joan Walsh Anglund plate too, a gift from my mom long ago.

Merry Christmas!

LV said...

Enjoyed being taken back in time to things I can relate to. Best wishes for a great holiday and your new little bundle.

Creative Breathing said...

Congratulations on your little one! What a precious holiday gift. I have so enjoyed peeking at all your wonderful vintage items. I especially love the photograph of the children and their horse. Cute everything! Wishing you a joyous Christmas season! Elizabeth

Garry said...

Denise. I'm so impressed with your blog. I'm so thrilled with the number of followers you have and all the kind comments you receive. I've spent the last hour or so reading your entries and looking at your pics. Our mother sure did rub off you. Keep up the good work. Garry.

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Thanks bro! I am so glad to have a place where I can showcase my vintage finds and share the memories I have of mom's love for vintage/antiques.
I'm glad you took some time to look through my entries. I love you bro! <3

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I just love all your wonderful Christmas items. Today is a hard day to have Christmas spirit though, just heard about the horrible tragedy. Thanks so much for visiting and leaving the nice comment.
Hugs,
Julie

Julie said...

I love all your vintage Christmas stuff, especially the Santa Christmas card. It all looks great. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

AllyJo said...

Sweet little things. They bring back nice memories.

Diann said...

Wonderful cheery and fun vintage Christmas ornaments! Sorry I am so late in visiting. I am trying to catch up. Thank you for sharing last week at TTF.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Many thanks to linking in to my Countdown to Kitschmas.

Cheers to a fab New Year!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

VintageBettys said...

I love your little button tree...and that Santa card to your husband is so cute....I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!