Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How I Rang In The New Year

On Monday, New Years Eve, we began ringing in the new year at the baby doctor!
I have reached 13 weeks (the final week of my 1st trimester).
Typically they like to do what is called a NT scan between weeks 11 & 14. An NT scan (nuchal translucency) is where they check for chromosomal abnormalities such as Down Syndrome as well as major congenital heart problems.
This test is just an assessment, it is not a diagnosis.
Abnormalities tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average.
I am happy to say baby is looking great! I am supposed to call next week for the official results but my OB assured me all looks perfect.
We got a few laughs during the ultrasound. Baby would not turn from his/her side for nothing! We were unable to get a perfect profile picture. But, I think this 3d profile picture turned out perfect. The ultrasound tech said baby looked to be praying. :)
The tech also commented on how active baby was. He/she was kicking up a storm! Of course I couldn't feel a thing. My hubby kept saying, "You really can't feel that?" Haha!
Baby had a heartbeat of 152 bpm and measured 3 inches long. 5 inches including leg length.
We got several pics from our visit, but this is my favorite and I had to share it...

I couldn't help but giggle when the tech got this view. I shouted, "I need a picture of that!"

I know my updates have been few and far between and have had nothing to do with vintage; I apologize for that. As you can see, I have had something else pre-occupying my mind. I assure you, I will be sharing vintage goodies very soon.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and Happy New Year!
Happy thrifting!

6 comments:

Jill said...

How exciting!!

Take care....

Primitive Stars said...

That is a great way to ring in the New Year....how exciting, Francine.

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Congratulations! So exciting! What a wonderful year you have in store! Happy New Year!
Karen

AllyJo said...

A foot! Thanks for sharing your sweet pictures. I miss those baby days.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

How absolutely wonderful!!! The pictures really came out clear. Look at that tiny footprint, wow! I love your posts even if it is not vintage. An old fashioned gal, just loves to hear baby news. It is all great!! So happy to hear that all is going good.
Blessings,
Susie

ColibriNB said...

These pics are wonderful - you can't call it a jelly bean anymore!
Glad to hear things are going well.
Happy New Year!
:)
C