Thursday, January 3, 2013

Swap Partner, Blow Mold Win & My Favorite Christmas Gift

In my absence of blog land, I have received a couple very fun packages.
The first was from Sue @ It's A Very Cherry World! 
In December I participated in her "Shape It Up" Christmas Swap.
We were to make a tag or ornament in the shape of a Christmas symbol.
This is what I received from Sue.
How simply gorgeous is this tag?! I couldn't choose a favorite part of...there are too many cute details. How crafty? :) This will adorn my tree for years to come!
Sue added goodies in my package. Here's a peek!
I LOVE this globe! I have a larger version of this vintage Santa.
Sue sent me so many cute vintage Christmas goodies!
I love the polka dots and gingham on this tin! It came full of Christmas candy corn. (which I devoured in the matter of a couple of days)

Thank you so much Sue! I enjoyed being your partner in your hosted swap!
If you've never visited Sue, you must head over to her lovely blog NOW! Sue hosts REDNESDAY every Wednesday. Surely you've heard of it! ;)

Also in the month of December, Deb @ ZootsuitMama held a giveaway to win a vintage Halloween blow mold! Guess who won? Moi!
I haven't won very many giveaways, or many things in general; so I am always excited for a win!
Deb has the coolest retro decor ever!
Deb's blog was one of the first blogs I ever started following. She is an inspiration for anyone who admires and collects mid-century decor!
Thanks Deb, I can not wait until next year to use my new/vintage Halloween blow mold!

I had to share with y'all one of my favorite Christmas gifts.
My husband's great Aunt is such a sweet woman.
This past spring she started making quilts for everyone in the family.
She must have been a very busy lady because she made several of these quilts. This is the quilt we received for our home.
I didn't get a picture of the inside of this quilt, but it is a fleece material. It is so comfy!
We love it! Thank you Aunt Carolyn!

Happy Thursday and happy thrifting!

13 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, what wonderful goodies, so many great vintage Christmas gifts....... Blessings Francine

Old Fashioned Gal said...

You are right Francine. I was very blessed this year by family, friends and my blogging buddies! :)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Fun stuff! I love swaps and give aways, too!

Enjoy your quilt, too! ♥

Jill said...

Looks like Christmas was good at your place!!

I thought about doing the tag swap, I really should have....

I have two of those Santa tins like Sue sent to you, only different sizes, I just bought them this year, they looked so vintage!

You were lucky to win that Halloween blow mold - yay for you!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow, Sue sent you some great things. It really is fun to win something,love your Halloween mold!
Beautiful quilt too!

craftyles said...

You're a lucky girl with those cute gifts. Love the tag and the blow mold is fantastic. Such a comfy looking quilt to cozy up in.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, my goodness! So many pretty things! You really got some very lovely gifts. I love the quilt, that will keep you and baby warm.
Blessings,
Susie

vintage grey said...

Happy New Year!! Such pretties and treasures you received!! Wishing you a year full of blessings and sweetness!! xo Heather

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This was my first year to join in a tag swap and I had the most fun! Sue is such a sweetie and she made a great tag! I also love all the gifts, she is the best! Deb at zoot is such a fun gal and I'm glad you won the blo mold! Glad to see you back blogging!
hugs, Linda

sweetvintageofmine said...

What a darling collection of Vintage gifts! You are very loved! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

donna said...

You got some wonderful treasures for Sue. I was catching up on your blog and say your beautiful little bundle of joy. Congratulations.
Hugs
donna

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Denise, Thank you so much for all of your really sweet words and comments you left for me and my dads heart. It is such a tough time, and this helps so much!
Bless you,
Susie

retrorevival.biz said...

Lucky lady getting these goodies! How are you feeling these days?