Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Well Hello, Blogland!

Wow! Has it really been over 2 months since I've posted a blog entry?!
I am so sorry my friends! Time has really caught up with my blog.
Being pregnant has taken over my love of thrifting. I find myself hitting up the baby sections of clothing stores and spending time gazing at kid stuff on Etsy!
One thing you should know (those of you who still follow this desolate blog), we had a very important doctor visit on February 19th.
We found out the sex of our little bundle.
It's a............
Yes. Our dreams came true! We are having a little boy!
Let me rewind a little bit.
At 13 weeks, when we went in for our NT scan (you can read about that here) we were given some news we kept to ourselves.
What I never shared with y'all is that our ultrasound tech told us she was 75% sure we were having a girl.
Let me back up a little further. Ha!
My husband has the cutest 4 year old daughter. I love this little girl with all of my heart! But, I have always pictured myself having a little boy. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm a tomboy at heart. I loved playing in the mud, eating the mud, building mud castles...I liked mud, okay!
When the ultrasound tech said girl...I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Of course all we really want is a healthy baby but I think every mom-to-be has her heart set on a specific gender.
At that point we had nailed down a female name because we just 'knew' we were going to have a baby girl.
Fast forward to the anatomy scan on February 19th.
On the way to our appointment I was asking my step daughter how excited she was to see her baby sister. Of course she replied with, "or baby brother." I didn't have the heart to tell her she was gonna have a sister.
We finally got to the doctors office. I could tell all of the other women weren't as far along as me. I felt like the veteran of the group. And...we were about to find out the gender! :)
As the ultrasound tech was measuring body parts, she would remark with, "this is the ____ and it looks normal." etc. In the back of my mind I was thinking, "hurry up lady! Is there a penis or a vagina?!"
At one point she ran the wand across my belly and I just KNEW I saw 3 lines. The infamous 3 lines that signify the labia. I looked at my stepdaughter and said, "I know what it is.....". She got very excited and before I could say, "you're having a baby sister", the ultrasound tech blurted out, "annnnd, you're having a baby boy."
Holy s*#@&!!!! All I could do was cry! I looked at my husband and his eyes were filled with tears! It was one of the most amazing moments of my life. We were stunned! I mean, we WERE having a girl. Was she sure? Was there a you-know-what or was this just an educated guess?!
Well, ladies and gents...here is definite proof that I'm carrying a little boy...
(sorry for the grainy cell phone pic)
The ultrasound tech said, "I've seen a few of these in my day...you're definitely having a boy."
Even though we found out we're having a boy just over 3 weeks ago, I am still in amazement.
We went several weeks thinking one thing, just to turn around and find out another!
He is the best surprise I've ever had in my life.
The tech gave us a few 3D pictures. This one is my favorite.
His little hand had been covering his face the whole time until she was able to sneak in like a ninja and capture this photo. :)
I'm getting pretty darn huge!
My feet are swelling, I have headaches almost daily, I pee almost every hour of the day and I'm always uncomfortable. But, I am one proud mommy!
We've decided to name him, Easton Adam. (my husband's name is Adam)
Easton is going to be one spoiled little boy! He has so many people on his team!

I have done some thrifting but for mainly Easton's nursery. I have found some vintage Pyrex as well. You know me...I can't thrift without picking up Pyrex! :)
I will be sharing those finds with you very soon.
If you are interested, I have added a baby ticker in my sidebar. It counts down the days until my due date, July 7th! :)

I hope all of you are doing well! Again, please excuse my absence.
Happy thrifting!

12 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

There you are!
I'm thrilled to hear your happy news! Have fun thrifting for cute baby BOY things!
Erica :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I AM SO EXCITED! so happy for you! A boy!! My daughter was so excited when she found out it was boy but that's what they thought they were having. They invited me to the ultrasound when they found out...I cried! It is amazing! So so so happy for you both!! OK, so you will have to email me your address so I can send you something Vintage for Easton (love the name). I'm still in Texas visiting my Mom but will be home in a couple of weeks. Can't miss Easter with Tiger and then his 2nd Birthday is coming in April. I'm just so over the moon for you both!
hugs, Linda

ColibriNB said...

So excited for you! Love the pics and the baby ticker!

Melissa said...

Yay! Baby boys are so much fun! Congrats! Mine is currently in the middle of a desperately needed nap because he spent all day running around and freaking out the little girls, (they are all 1 and under). And what a great name! It seems kind of Old West to me. I like it!

vintage grey said...

Yay, congratulations Denise!! So happy for you and what a sweet boy he will be!! And, what an adorable name! Have a beautiful and blessed week! xo Heather

Primitive Stars said...

Congratulations !!!!!!! Love the pictures......Francine.

Jill said...

I can tell you're just a bit excited!!! That's so great!!

Diane Mars said...

Congratulations now just how perfect is that such a very very perfect surprise! Hugs, Diane

retrorevival.biz said...

We've missed you! But you have like the best excuse ever:) So happy to hear your wonderful news! What a wonderful mama you're going to be to Easton (and what a great name)! Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest:)

Stacey Johnson said...

Congrats! How fun!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

congrats! ♥

barbandemily said...

Hey, It's been a while. Hope all is going well for you (both) :)

Congratulations!